Like most physician across the province, we have large practices and we do appreciate the struggles people have in trying to access the office for appointments. Here are some tips for making the most of your appointments, to ensure proper booking and to free up the phone lines.
- Be clear on the reason why you want the appointment, i.e. physical exam, sore ear, high blood pressure, etc. If there is a personal reason you do not want to disclose, please notify reception. Knowing what people are coming for helps ensure proper scheduling and maximize visit times. We have limited spots and you are usually given the earliest appointment available; therefore, be prepared to wait longer if the first suggestions are not convenient to you.
- Do not bring a list of 10 issues to address—we will strictly adhere to 2 problems, for a 15 min time slot. You can always reschedule a follow-up appointment to discuss less pressing issues. We review the results of all tests and will call you if needed; however, you are always welcome to come in and discuss your results (although this is not a priority since we review).
- We always reserve same day appointments for quick simple issues instead of having to run to Walk-In Clinics, i.e common colds, bladder infections, and sore ears/throat. For your after-hours care, you are to go to our FHO after-hours clinic at 1485 Bancroft Drive. www.sudburyfho.com
- We receive a monthly list of clinic visits from the Ministry of Health. Repeated use of non-FHO walk-in clinics will lead to de-rostering from the practice.
- Please keep track of your vaccine records; it is your responsibility. (If we have to look for them for you this is not covered and you will be charged a fee).
- A valid health card is your sole responsibility you will be charged 40$ for any visit if your health card is expired or invalid.